Internships Available! We are seeking interns for Spring of 2018!
If interested in an internship, please send your resume and unofficial college transcript to Jonathan Gilbert, Practice Talent Coordinator. Please indicate if you are interested in audit or tax.
Tax and audit interns will gain wide-range exposure to the accounting and audit/assurance fields by working with staff, seniors, managers and partners. Initially, interns are given less complex tax or audit assignments. As they gain experience, they are given more difficult assignments and greater responsibilities. Internships with Saville are a great way to get your foot in for a full-time opportunity after graduation!
- Pursuing an undergraduate or master’s accounting degree with sufficient course work to achieve CPA certification
- 0 year’s experience in a public accounting firm
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work 35+ hours per week in accordance with our busy season, hours not to exceed 55 per week
Internship Responsibilities and Objectives
- Become familiar with the firm’s policies and procedures
- Understand the rules, regulations and code of professional conduct of the AICPA
- Obtain exposure to the types of tax/audit engagements offered by the firm
- Become familiar with the firm technology and tax/audit software
- Obtain a working knowledge of tax/audit research techniques and the various research sources
- Become proficient in the preparation of individual and other tax returns or in research of moderately complex auditing issues
- Perform others duties as assigned from time to time by senior accountants, managers or partner
- Obtain a general knowledge of the practice of public accounting and providing client services
- Become familiar with the pertinent IRC or SAS & GAAP sections and regulations
Find out what it is like to be an intern here from current staff who started as interns.